Thursday, January 24, 2013

Homemade "Goo Gone"


This past year, I started a new journey & began to phase out chemical products in our home to better the health of our family. While we aren't completely chemical free yet, I can say that I do clean my home without any chemicals whatsoever. All thanks to tea tree oil, vinegar, baking soda & peroxide just to name a few.

I LOVE repurposing glass jars that once held spaghetti sauce, coconut oil or many other things but most will have a paper covering that has been glued on. Here's how it goes, you try to peel it off, it leaves a pesky sticky residue behind, you try to rub it off & end up having to use a chemical to remove it. Not anymore! This homemade goo gone works wonders on any sticky residue!

All you need to have is equal parts Baking Soda (Yes, thats a big ole bag, I have to buy it in bulk since we use it almost daily) & coconut oil. Yep, that's it! 
 
Just mix equal parts in a small bowl, rub it on the stickiness & let it sit for a few. Then you just use a scouring pad or a small brush to scrub it, rinse it off with warm water & voila, sticky gunk is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment